Monday, April 22, 2013

Current Progress

Alert! Alert! I've returned to blogging!

I have been MIA in the months of March/April due to work (March Madness) and having a crazy spring schedule filled with weddings, parties, birthdays etc. All great fun, but leaves me little time to update my current status on my HHJ. So with that said, lets proceed :)...I must say that I have been a bad girl to my hair. I have kept up with wash days once a week but I've used heat now 2x a week for two weeks in a row! Crap! All of these events have caused me to want to have a cute hairstyle and I just don't know enough about protective styling for "occasions" to do anything with my hair besides straighten/curl it. So, as of now my hair feels SO fragile (I can't believe I used to put it through this kind of torture on the regular). I plan on washing tonight so I think I will do a quick protein treatment (I use Redken Extreme Strength Builder) tonight and see where that leaves me. Also, because of my relapse into my poor habits I've noticed significant shedding again, which means a green tea rinse is also on order for tonight. Those two treatments should help my hair a bit but I know it will end up feeling stiff. I haven't quite found the right conditioner for this...any suggestions?

Also, I have been taking biotin every other day and I have seen a HUGE difference in length, I am thrilled! I know a lot of women have problems with their skin breaking out while taking biotin, but I currently take 10,000mcg along with Vitamin C and a multivitamin and I have experienced no such results. I will post a pic soon of my progress;the longest point of my hair is almost to my armpit. I just need to get my hair to a good point then I will even it all out. Now that my hair is FINALLY growing again I can't wait to get it healthy and strong and cut off all of the damaged hair! Wish me Luck!

Thanks for reading(:

5 comments:

  1. Redken extreme builder is really a great hair product if you are using it wisely, Well, Thanks for sharing your experience.

    Redken Extreme Strength Builder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is.. But it's not to be used very often (at least in my case). I've been using it about once every two months and my hair feels a bit straw like but the difference in shedding is so worth it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Indeed it is.. But it's not to be used very often (at least in my case). I've been using it about once every two months and my hair feels a bit straw like but the difference in shedding is so worth it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. glad to see you back !!

    I've nominated you to the Versatile Blog Award
    you can see what it is all about in here (not sure you might understand but well at least people can discover your blog!!)
    http://chhj.blogspot.fr/2013/05/versatile-blog-award.html

    Bonne journée Brittney !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!

      Delete