Monday, March 4, 2013

Wash Day

The Gang's All Here! : WASH DAY



Wash Day Stash: Yikes!



I'm so excited to be sharing my first wash day post with everyone! Although I have been on my HHJ now for 7 weeks I still have not found the perfect balance in my regimen. So here's how it all went down :

-prepoo with Wild Growth Hair Oil and Proclaim Natural 7 Oil Overnight. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but my my scalp was so ITCHY when I woke up the next day. I don't know if it was the WGO, or just having the oil on my hair too long but man the itching was bad. Ive never ever had an itchy scalp/head before so I'm going to not be prepooing over night for now

-shampoo using KeraCare moisturizing shampoo. I lathered twice reducing manipulation as much as possible. I really like this shampoo because my hair feels clean but still so moisturized. (my BF loves it too!)

-condition using L'Oreal Paris EverSleek Smoothing Conditioner. This is my second time using this conditioner and so far I really like it. It beats out my KeraCare Humecto Conditoner IMO. My hair is so ft and smooth and feels as if I don't need to deep condition. (but i do)

-deep condition using Dove Intensive Moisture Repair conditioner. I applied while my hair was damp not soaking wet and sat under my hooded dryer for about 45 min.

-rinsed my deep conditioner out and applied Paul Mitchell the detangler for a few minutes then rinsed. This makes it much easier to detangle my hair. I then wrapped my hair in a cotton tshirt and applied my leave ins

-leave ins: I used GVP PM The Conditioner and GVP PM Super Skinny Serum. The Conditioner is a great leave in. It's really lightweight and makes my hair feel soft and strong. As far as the serum goes if you haven't used it you should!! It makes your hair so incredibly smooth once dry. I was once heavy with heating tools because I loved the smooth feeling it gave to my hair. With this serum I get close to those smooth results again without having to apply heat to the hair - which i like :)

-I airdried my hair with my satin scarf overnight. When I woke up my hair was a bit damp so I blow-dried my hair on cool using silk elements olive heat protectant and some coconut oil. Then styled in a high sock bun.

Overall I'm satisfied with this wash day. My hair came out really soft in part from the deep conditioning, leave in conditioner, and coconut oil. :) The only thing I'm annoyed with is my shedding! It's so bad and I don't know what to do about it right now. The only thing I've heard about are Tea Rinses and garlic shampoos.

 Has anyone tried them? Did they help your shedding?



Thank for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittney !!!!!!
    about the prepoo I don't think it's your conditioner because whenever I sweat in the night and wake up in the morning my scalp is super duper itchy ... annoying as hell lol
    I don't know about any of those produtcs ! probably because I can't find them in France but I wish I could try out the Dove one !
    I'm glad it has worked for you though
    and concerning the shedding maybe it's because of the whether isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment! i never thought about sweating at night and itchy scalp, luckily its fine now so im glad about that! what products do you use in France?

    ReplyDelete