Saturday, March 2, 2013

Starting Pic


Here is a starting picture of my HHJ. This picture was taken about two months ago. Originally my hair was a tad bit longer than in this photo, however it was extremely uneven and stringy (you can kind of see that on the left side of my hair). I had one of my girlfriends trim me up as even as possible so that I could start "fresh". Although you may not be able to tell in the photo, my hair at this point is very thin and had been shedding a lot. To give you some background on my hair regimen it was as follows:

-wash weekly
-air dry then blow dry in the morning with HIGH HEAT
-straighten after blowdrying on HIGHEST HEAT possible (about 425 degrees)
-straighten throughout the week if needed

I NEVER deep conditioned, put heat protectant on my hair, moisturized daily, or wore protective styles. I cannot BELIEVE my hair was hanging on like it was. My hair was dry, breaking off and shedding daily to a point where I HAD to do something. So I jumped on Google and found out information that literally changed my entire perspective of not only caring for my hair as a black woman but caring for my body and overall health as well. 

There can be a TON of information out there and it can be really overwhelming. I still don't know everything there is to know about just the basics of a healthy hair regimen but I will do my BEST to keep this blog as simple as possible. I'm not one to DC (deep condition) for 2-3 hours or not use a comb throughout the week (but by all means if this works for you go ahead!). Any information you can lend me is helpful information. 

Thanks for Reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Keeping it simple will help the most and using as little heat as possible will nurse your hair back to health quicker! Your ends look great with the trim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its a hard transition not using heat but Im already seeing the benefits. Thanks for the comment..I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you started a HHJ !!
    I always love to see people's progress
    Can't wait to see results
    and I agree with lesley, the most simple the better !

    ReplyDelete